The Aim Support Center:
An Access Coordinator can assist your patients with health insurance benefits verification, including prior authorization. They can also assess if your patients are eligible for one of the financial assistance programs below.
Co-pay Assistance Program*:
Temporary Patient Assistance Program (TPAP):
- Reduces your patients’ out-of-pocket responsibility
- Up to 100% coverage of co-pays or coinsurance directly to the insurer
Patient Assistance Program (PAP):
- For temporary situations when immediate coverage is not available (for example, waiting for approval of a prior authorization appeal, waiting for coverage to begin, etc)
- If your patients are uninsured (no insurance coverage at all) or underinsured (for example, no prescription coverage, a benefits cap, denial of coverage, etc)
- If your patients are uninsured or underinsured (when criteria are met and alternative funding cannot be identified)
- Your patients will receive their medicine free of cost for one year from the date of acceptance
- Medicare Part D patients will be enrolled based on calendar year if eligible for the PAP
The Aim Support Center also helps with lab coordination services (for females of reproductive potential only), and will contact your patients to assist with scheduling and providing reminders about their monthly lab visits. Talk to your patients to help them opt-in.
For more information, call toll-free: