Prior to prescribing Adempas:
Females can only receive Adempas through the Adempas REMS Program, a restricted distribution program. Important requirements of the Adempas REMS Program include the following:
- Prescribers must be certified with the program by enrolling and completing training.
- All females, regardless of reproductive potential, must enroll in the Adempas REMS Program prior to initiating Adempas. Male patients are not enrolled in the Adempas REMS Program.
- Female patients of reproductive potential must comply with the pregnancy testing and contraception requirements.
- Pharmacies must be certified with the program and must only dispense to patients who are authorized to receive Adempas.
- Further information, including a list of certified pharmacies, is available at www.AdempasREMS.com or 1-855-4ADEMPAS.
Female patients only (not required for male patients) must also complete the Adempas REMS Patient Enrollment and Consent Form. This form CANNOT be processed without a signature. This form is available for download here. Alternatively, learn about online enrollment here.
All patients (male or female) must complete the Adempas Prescription and Patient Support Program Enrollment Form to receive any Bayer services or communications (not REMS-related). This form is available for download here. Alternatively, learn about online enrollment here.
Keep learning about related topics: