The Aim Patient Support Program Overview
Bayer is committed to providing resources that can help adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) or chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) (WHO Group 4) that is inoperable or recurrent/persistent after surgery. The Aim Patient Support Program is comprised of the following 3 components to help with the many different aspects of your Adempas treatment. Please read more about each piece below.
The Adempas clinical studies included mostly patients with WHO functional class II-III symptoms. It is not known if Adempas is safe and effective in children.
myAim Education and Encouragement
With this Aim resource, you will receive helpful resources and personalized communications to provide you with information to support you during the very beginning, as well as throughout your Adempas treatment. This information may include:
- Educational support through some of the key stages of Adempas treatment and what to expect along the way
- Personalized treatment resources provided how and when you want them
- Tips on what to talk to your doctor about
- Information about other online resources and support
If you are considering Adempas, sign up to learn more. Sign Up
Two other ways myAim can support you:
Discover real patient stories and their treatment experiences with myJourney, a myAim Education & Encouragement feature. Explore myJourney
Join the myMentor Program today to connect with someone who can relate to your journey. Explore myMentor
Aim Nursing Support
With this Aim resource, you have access to nurse advice and visits by telephone 24/7 as well as in your home.
Toll-free assistance, 24/7
At-home nurse visits (as directed by your physician)
- Representatives on-call to address your questions
- Provided by your specialty pharmacy
- Administer a clinical assessment
- Follow up on your specific needs
- Provide Adempas information
Aim Financial Assistance
With this Aim resource, you have access to financial support for treatment payment and coordination of lab visits.
Co-pay Assistance Program*
Temporary Patient Assistance Program (TPAP)
- Up to 100% coverage of co-pays or coinsurance directly to the insurer
Patient Assistance Program (PAP)
- For temporary situations and uninsured or underinsured patients
- Uninsured or underinsured patients can apply to receive medicine free of cost
All patients who have been prescribed Adempas will be asked to read, select, and consent to optional support provided by the Aim Patient Support Program on the Adempas Prescription and Patient Support Program Enrollment Form. All female patients will be asked to read and sign the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) Patient Enrollment and Consent Form. You can read and provide consent while in your physician's office, or the forms can be sent to you directly by the Aim Support Program Center.
You can learn more about the online enrollment program by clicking here.
For more information, call toll-free: